Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wingin' it

In our attempts to hit food nirvana, we make a huge effort to think before putting food in our mouths, wary as to how good or bad it is for us. But sometimes, we have cravings.

I love chicken wings. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been craving them for months.
But weighing in at 100 calories a wing, (and therefore making a 10 pack from Buffalo Bills 1000 calories before the fries and the blue cheese dip...), it is no longer a viable option.

But when I start to think about it... Am I really craving the wing? Or are am I really craving the sauce?

Here's a recipe to solve those cravings without the waistline woes:
Buffalo Chicken Salad
What you need:
*Your choice of Lettuce (I'd hit up romaine for this one)
*Shredded Carrots
*Celery, Julienned
*1/3 cup of crumbled blue cheese
*2 chicken breasts
*1 cup of BBQ sauce
*1 tbsp of Olive Oil
*Lime Juice (fresh preferably)

How to do it:
1) a couple hours before cooking, marinate the chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
2) assemble the veggies and cheese into a salad
3) grill chicken (preferably on the BBQ) for until the inside is white and the juices run clear
4) just about when the chicken is done, brush some more BBQ sauce onto the chicken.
5) dress your salad with the olive oil and lime juice (tip: for more of a kick add Tabasco to the dressing!)
6) slice the chicken and top your salad with it!

Enjoy in front of the big game, or any night of the week! You'll be glad you didn't rely of Buffalo Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment